How about spending it on creating the coolest robot Halloween costume ever!
That's exactly what DrWormsie did for Halloween this year (2010). He spent countless hours and over 1 grand to create the robot costume of his dreams. He also created a little accompanying costume for his wife. I bet every child in the world wishes this couple was their parents!
I hope the amount of candy he received from trick or treating made up for the effort he put into this!
The costs of materials he used:
"Sheet metal, aircraft aluminum, and other parts: $600.
Rivets, bolts, hardware: $250.
Tool purchases/rentals: $200.
Truck rental to carry costume: $210.
Looking like you could take down a tank: priceless."
Some photos of him and his wife in their costumes
Watch him take the robot costume for a stroll
- Panasonic's Hospital Delivery Robot To Begin New Trials In 2010
- This Robot Can Wash Your Hair While Squeezing Out Your Brains
- Igaa-san's 4-legged 4-wheeled Spider-like Robot
- The Singing And Dancing Human-like Robot 'HRP-4C'
- Upgraded 'XO2' Robot Suit One Step Closer To 'Iron Man'