The question still remains, do people want to robots involved with medical care? (Read: This Robot Can Wash Your Hair While Squeezing Out Your Brains)
The sales of this robot are not doing so hot. So they gave it some updates and let Matsuhita Memorial Hospital put it to trial. For the record, Matsuhita is Panasonic's parent company. If it fails the trials, the future of HOSPI is extremely bleak.
The hospital plans to start the trials by deploying 2 robots that will work the nigh-shift. In April, 2011, they hope to deploy another 2 robots for the daytime.
The robots will be used to help transport drugs throughout the hospital. The work will supposedly ease a big burden for hospital employees that normally have to slave the drugs around. Is this the future of medical care? Using robots to do the slave work?
- Upgraded 'XO2' Robot Suit One Step Closer To 'Iron Man'
- This Robot Can Wash Your Hair While Squeezing Out Your Brains
- Igaa-san's 4-legged 4-wheeled Spider-like Robot
- The Singing And Dancing Human-like Robot 'HRP-4C'
- Genetically Altered Salmon May Hit Store Shelves Near You